I was 44 yesterday. How? I don’t know.
But if you’re younger – especially if you’re only 18 or so – and you think you’ll never be 44, trust me, it’ll happen soon enough… God, that really is such an old man thing to say 😉
Anyway, here’s a list of 44 things I’ve learnt about love from popular culture… I’ve just knocked this out, it’s not definitive…
- “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn, Is just to love and be loved in return”, Eden Ahbez, Nature Boy (used in Moulin Rouge).
- “People call those imperfections, but no, that’s the good stuff.”, Sean Maguire (Robin Williams), Good Will Hunting
- “Man, I’d swear, I’d give the whole thing up for you”, Lou Reed, Coney Island Baby
- “You better take a chance on love. You got to let your guard down” Neil Young and Crazy Horse, Love to Burn
- “Why should it take the tears of a woman to see how men are”, Roddy Frame, How Men Are
- The entire lyrics to Thunder Road.
- No one reads more than seven items in a list no matter what the subject.